Our Focus - "Be Very Relevant"
Thankyou for visiting our website. The website is a comprehensive description of the range and depth of our services. If you have any questions or need additional information, please email me Adrian Stephan
Our approach has always been to understand the client's workplace situation and then develop a solution that is a proper balance of rigor and relevance.
We understand the problem vector that businesses face in making decisions about maintenance, logistics and operational inter-relationships. The decisions are complex and it is easy to lose focus on balancing the fundamental parameters of the decision. We can help you keep that focus. Rarely is there a meaningful single measure of performance: it is more often a balance of competing and conflicting issues. We talk of optimisation, but that may not be the reality that you face: you may need another paradigm. When using measures of performance any relationships must be tested for correlation. There is an assumption of correlation; but, that may not be the case either.
We can help you work through the many "terrains of the landscape" that describes and constrains your decision environment.
Unless you can describe your problem you cannot solve it: we can help you describe it as well as solve it.
About Logistics Pty Ltd.
Logistics Pty Ltd is a long established business (1987) and over the years has been involved in a wide range of activities in industries including defence, mining, power generation, rail, and academic; in Australia and overseas.
This scope of work gives us a credible range and depth of experience that can be applied to current issues, emerging issues as well as unravelling legacy issues. We have a specific interest in useful life planning for ageing plant and equipment.
Our interests are maintenance, logistics and operations; and we take a systems approach to working out how they work - or don't work as can be the case.
We have a strong practical and academic skill set, so we are able to apply multi-faceted and eclectic critical thinking to your situation.
We offer these services: Specialist Assistance (inluding Mentoring & Coaching), Training, Research, and Consulting. Our aim is to "value add" to your existing skills and competencies.
We offer a "Blue Ocean" approach to your logistics strategies, tactics and operations.
We understand the architecture for the design, development and implementation of maintenance and logistics support practices for machine based technologies.
What challenges, difficulties, disruptions, inhibitors, messes, or problems are you facing?
Are your decision and operations processes and practices rigorous and relevant?
Can you understand and articulate the situation?
This is your "known as is" situation; now, exactly what is your "goal to be" situation?
Our methods will enable you to navigate from the "as is" to the "to be" situation.
Our aim: rigorous, relevant & useful solutions (system architectures) that helps you realize the "operational or battlepace doctrine".
For general help go to Ask us.
What do we do? - in a nutshell - Insight Studies
- Have you ever wondered, or want to know, the processes and practices needed to work out the range and depth of tasks and resources that are needed to properly maintain,repair and support machines and other property to meet and sustain productivity goals? Or, do you want to know if current practices from design to reusue could be better?
- What we do is just that: We systematically examine the need and practices and determine the most productive solution to sustain these goals. We look inside your white space for solutions. That is, we develop the architecture for the solution. We look for insights in the logistics, maintenance and business work.
- How do we do that? We work with your "community of expertise" in an adjunct role to explore the gaps and problems and determine and implement the most productive solution from the examination. This should be the most lean or value added solution.
- In fact we are leaders in this work with a long history, broad experience and deep knowledge. Our specific interest is accounting for maintenance work and its logistics, and specifically for the maintenance of ageing machinery.
- Our work is relevant to defence, mining, utilities, manufacturing, agriculture, and academic industries.
- Management Science is the intellectual foundation of our work.
- We have the three core insight skills: Technical Background, Problem Solving, and Understanding or Empathy.
How can we help you?
- Understand the challenges, difficulties or inhibitors facing your maintenance and logistics through life requirements for your technology, machinery, plant, or property.
- Develop balanced rigorous and relevant solutions.
- Work with you to find the best outcome.
- Value add your processes.
- Yes, we do get into the "weeds and seeds" of what is happening; as well as "over the horizon" looks.
Our Value Proposition: Be Relevant.
- Relevant Price.
- Relevant Knowledge and Skills.
- Relevant Methods.
- Relevant Solutions.
Foundation question: Will the decision meet its "operation or battlespace doctrine" objectives?
This checklist identifies some of our key foundation skills that can be applied to meet the needs of any situation. Examples of these skills are available on request. You might have a need and think there is no one able to help you; ask us as we will be able to give you a "kick start" solution. That is,we can look over the horizon to apply context to the situation.
We take the view that the core question to ask is: "is this the best way to support operations"?
- Time management: The ability to manage time and keep to schedules.
- Research and analytics: We have strong research, analytical and report writing skills.
- Administration and clerical: We can apply attention to detail on deadlines, records, etc.
- Economic management: We can develop and manage economic solutions, budget, keep financial records, or project manage?
- Creative thinking: We have a record for generating innovative ideas at organisations or in volunteer roles?
- Planning skills: We can plan projects and events, or manage change?
- Listening: We know that listening is not just hearing what someone is saying; but stopping and thinking about what they say before replying.
- Writing: We have experience in business and academic writing.
- Face-to-face: We are comfortable in face-to-face contact for meetings, interviews, negotiations, teach, speak in public and/or express ideas? We can counsel, coach or mentor?
- Interpersonal skills: We understand the importance of people skills to an organization or project. Below is a list of typical interpersonal skills which we practice.
- Prioritisation and delegation: We can step back from the "coal face" and prioritise what needs to be done first? We can say "no" and we can determine when a job simply is not necessary and wastes resources? These are all key elements of leadership.
- Critical thinking and problem solving: Organisations have problems and needs someone who can step above the problems and analyse, and solve them. We can do that objective filtering assessment.
- We have an extensive range and depth of technical skills which we can apply to your situation.
See Services Page.
- We can quickly adapt our skills to your needs.
For additional information, please check out my profile on LinkedIn®. Linked In Link
If you want to leave a message, make a suggestion or need additional information, please email me Adrian Stephan
top of the page
Go to Home Page.